Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Recipe Wednesday: Caprese Sandwich

The weather has been so amazing the last two days, I know all the leaves are changing and it's getting dark so fast but it feels like spring outside! I've moved my orange tree inside for the winter, but my tropical hibiscus is still soaking up some sun. It felt like a light lunch sort of day. This is a summer staple for me, a caprese sandwich. Once you start eating these you crave them! I buy whole grain sandwich rounds, toast them then brush with a little olive oil. Next layer on on a nice slice of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced grape tomatoes, and basil. Top it off is sea salt, cracked black pepper, and maybe another swirl of olive oil. Easy and delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...